As a volunteer in a clinical trial, you will help in the development of medical therapies, therapies that may offer better treatments and even cures for life threatening and chronic diseases.
A potential participant must meet specific eligibility criteria before being entered into a clinical trial. Determination of eligibility usually involves a physical evaluation, laboratory testing, and other diagnostic tests, depending on the particular study. The potential volunteer’s medical and psychiatric history is also reviewed. Full informed consent must be received prior to participation.
There is no cost for participating in our studies, and participants may receive compensation for their time and effort. All medical care and medications related to the study are provided free of charge.
Courtesy of CISCRP, the video available HERE (click) is a good introduction to participation in clinical research trials. Watch the video to find out more about how you can help advance medicine while at the same time getting access to leading medical treatment.
Here are some links to help you become more familiar with what clinical research is and the benefits of participating:
- ClinicalTrials.gov- A service of the National Institutes of Health
- The Center for Information and Study on Clinical Research Participation
- The Association of Clinical Research Professionals
Setting up an Appointment
Feel free to call us at (352) 490-4816 Monday through Friday between 9 am- 5 pm, or use the Contact Form and one of our study specialists will get back with you as soon as possible.
Preparing for an Appointment
To expedite your screening visit, you might want to print out the following forms prior to your visit to save yourself time in our offices. Naturally, we will gladly help you complete them during your office visit if you prefer that.
- New Patient Information Sheet: This form helps us capture key information about you for participation in one of the current active trails.
- Authorization to Release Information Form: These forms allow us to share your medical information with the sponsors of the clinical trials.
Canceling an Appointment
If you must cancel your appointment for any reason, we ask that you please call us 24 hours prior to your appointment so that we can accommodate other patients for that time slot.